Thursday, September 20, 2007

I believe in hard work

This I believe..

I believe in hard work. I believe that if you keep at what you want to do, you will accomplish it. People always told me that if you want to get better at something you have to practice, and to practice you need to discipline yourself.

When I was 8, my dad signed himself up for Tae Kwon Do along with me and my brother. We all started at the same time, it was my dad’s idea. He forced us to go to Tae Kwon Do even though I cried because we worked hard in that class and the teacher yelled at us for crying. We went everyday for an hour of class. 3 years later I was the only one to get a black belt in my family. I remember the day like it was yesterday, it was outside in a vast area, on the grass. First off we did the black belt form, break some boards, do 100 push-ups and then finally in the big room where we meet the masters to shake their hand and obtain our black belts. When I was a kid I never even thought of doing karate, but through those 3 years, I am glad I worked hard for it, because it benefited me in self-confidence to defend myself when in need. Now my cousins look up to me, and they are currently taking karate.

I love to listen to music, which is why I practice my guitar. I went to guitar center last week to find a new guitar. There were people playing music testing out the guitars, and I just sit and listen to them. I’ve never heard of the songs they played but they were great, they look like Teddy Geiger live and I was right there. I’m not as great as them, I can probably play a few songs like collide by Howie Day, simple songs like that, but I’m not Prince either. I know that if I practice enough I can become just like them, which is what they did to become what they are today. They worked hard and the outcome is that they became good at what they do.

No matter how hard it gets, no matter what the circumstances are, just keep fighting. Don’t quit, remember your goals, and show everyone that you can become something more.

1 comment:

adharshed said...

THANKS A LOT! THOSE LAST FEW LINES ARE TRULY INSPIRATIONAL. I AM GOING TO PASTE IT IN MY ROOM AND ALSO IN MY SUB-CONSCIOUS. KEEP IT UP!