Sunday, October 28, 2007

#1) What is your general reaction and response to the film? What do you think of Ramon's request for assisted suicide, the court's response to him, and his eventual actions? What do you think of his friends who agreed to help him?

I don't know what to say, this was an amazing film even though it was in a different language and I had to read subtitles. I was just shocked at the results of what he decided to do, Ramon was a quadrilpalegic whom was trapped in this state for 28 years. I think that maybe he doesn't really love anyone, like Rosa, and he's just faking it so that the "loved" person can help him in his suicide. If I were a judge and I saw this case, I think I would not pass it, because the right to die, as I read last year in government, it states that one does not have the right to do if he is not useless, meaning if the person can eat, talk, move, and think properly etc. Yes he does eventually get his wish to suicide. His friends were only Rosa and Julia, but those were the ones who loved him. It's really a mystery if he loved them back, or if he just loved them to kind of hypnotise them so he can get them to help him suicide.

No comments: